Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Snapshot viewer in VuGen stops working

I am on LR 12.53.  I am creating scripts in http/htm web protocol. I replay and look at the snapshot viewer.  This has been working great  for months until today.  On the replay when i am on a valid request and click snapshot viewer, it now says unable to load the snapshot but i can still see the recording snapshot..  i didn't change any settings and i checked all the setting. Since then I did unchecked the ones under tools -> options -> scripting-> snapshots. "Do not load".  i can use the QTP solution and look at the results1 but i really like the snapshot viewer.  on the QTP i get the message "an error has occurred on the script page, do you want to continue to run script" and i reply yes.  it takes a couple tries then it loads.  Can you tell me what could have possibly caused this to stop working?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi 

Do you have 12.53 with patch 4 ? 

If not please install it and check again . 

if you have patch 4 please send us a minimal script that reproduce the problem and we will check it more deeper .

You can open a support ticket for it or attach the script via VuGen menu :

Help -> send us your feedback ...

Regards

Oren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I am on LR12.53 Patch 4 Update. I am attaching a simple script below.  in the action section a menu option is choosen and a search page displayed.  (lines 45 and 87),  You can see the recording snapshot but not the replay snapshot.  I want to mention again this worked for months prior to last week when it stopped working.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.