Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Socket mode hangs VUGen but works with WinInet

I am facing an issue where the script hangs when executing through Sockets mode, but works fine with WinInet. There is no error or timeout that happens but its stuck at the first web_url call for hours. In order to Sop the replay I have to kill the UTTDebgger process on the machine.

This is a simple .NET web-based application running on HTTPS without any web-authentication. Issue with running the script in WinInet mode is that it hogs the CPU on Loadgenerator and also the response times reported by a test are in order of 300+ Seconds which is not correct.

Has anyone faced any similar issues or have any suggestions.

TIA.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

For background you might read this blog.

When you have recorded with WinINet, I would not be surprised that 'socket' will fail. Because you are recording a .Net application, most change of success with WinINet again.

You might try to record with socket and see if you can replay.

Note: In our team we have noticed that by default HTTP 2.0 option is enabled. When we disabled that option some weird replay issues were resolved, and yes we are using sockets. So you might try that as well.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.