Highlighted
New Member.

Solution for performance measurement of SPA application

Hi all,.

As many companies are moving into building Single Page Applications (SPA), what would be the best solution to capture real user experience?

I am trying to use truclient for this effort, however, the challenge that I am facing is that if I were to put the end event as “Step Network Completed”, it doesn’t seem to be waiting for all the different calls to complete before ending the transaction. As a work around, what I am implementing is “Wait for object”. However, the drawback is  that this will only wait for the particular object to appear and does not really wait for all the calls to complete (like fiddler or httpwatch). Any inputs in this direction would really be helpful.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Solution for performance measurement of SPA application

Hi,

You can try to increase the "End-of-network identification timeout" so TruClient will wait additinal time for more network before it will end the step.
Also you have an option to select as end event for the step "Object Exits" instead of adding a wait for object step.

We are addressing these issues in future versions of TruClient. If you still have issues contact the support.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Thanks for the reply Michael. As per your suggestion I tried using the "End-of-network identification timeout" and changed it to max (3600 msec). The issue when I replayed the script with this is that it still looks like the script waits for network timeout inspite of getting the response earlier.  Looking forward to a better solution.

Agreed on the "Object Exists" that its similar in functionality to "Wait for object". 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Could you clarify, if you increase this value, you get network timeout and still do not get the responses you expect?

If this is the case I suggest to open a ticket to customer support.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Has there been any update on this issue?  We have the same issue using spa application.  We opened up a support ticket but have no resolutions

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Lisa,

There has been progress on this front in 12.53 patch 4. I suggest double checking with HPE support to learm more.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.