Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Strange JS TruClient error related to arguments ...

I have a bunch of Wait JS calls like this, where pRandTimeShort is something between 1s and 3s:
TC.getParam("pRandTimeShort");

When I run this in the Controller I get these errors all over the place:

t=00170093ms: Error -205177: ** 3: Wait [Exception] seconds ** failed - an argument is invalid:
'Interval'. Error: JS arguments are not supported while an authentication dialog box is opened. Use plain or parameter values. Snapshot Info [MSH 2 0] [MsgId: MERR-205177]

I've never seen this before, and have no idea what they mean by "while an authentication dialog box is opened."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Strange JS TruClient error related to arguments ...

Hi Chris,

Does the step "Wait [Exception] seconds " is "Wait TC.getParam("pRandTimeShort") seconds"? And which LR version are you using?

If it is conenient for you, please attach a snapshot for it, thank you.

Best Regards,

Tezeen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I can't put a snapshot up, but yes. That is how the steps looked. I'm using LR 12.53.

Thanks,
Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

can you print the "pRandTimeShort" and confirm if it is valid ( i think it needs only integer)

also check if the AUT is accessible and the appropriate server certificates are present, LG may have that "technical" page where there is an option of adding exception certificate to continue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks, I'll double check the actual value to make sure it's valid. I don't think it's a cert issue as a regular hard-coded wait works fine there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Hi,

Please change the default values of all three "wait" statement arguments to other values to make it work. And it worked for me.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.