Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TC 12.53 object ID question

Just participated in the TC Webinars last month and am trying to reproduce the results of each presentation. I am using the just installed 12.53 Community version of LR. The follow issue is noted using all 3 of the supported (buit-in) browers. My screen shots are using Firefox (which appears to me to be the preferred browser, if one is preferred).

Anyway, in the TC editor if I expand the editor to full screen and click HighLight button the link is highlighted as expected, as in:

t.jpg

But if the TC editor window is minimized at all, then when I click on the Highlight button the window is scrolled up and the highlighted link appears "hidden" above the visible area of the page, as in:

1. Window starting with the link clearly exposed:

t.jpg

2. Then click the Highlight button; window scrolls the link out of sight:

t.jpg

Why is TC doing this? Does it indicate I have done something in error?

-Thanks, Terry Horwath

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TC 12.53 object ID question

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the dedication and contribution to this community. I am glad to see someone is taking TruClient webinars as seriously as you do and actually practicing it. 

Sorry for the late reply, i was away on holiday.

You are not doing anything wrong and this behavior does not indicate about a possible issue in run time. When TruClient identifies an element it scrolls to it in case it is not visible in the page. Apparently the scroll works well when the element is located lower than the visible area and almost well when it is located higher than the visible area. in any case, as I have said it will not fail the identification, scroll still happens and the element is found

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Seems this should be fixed because if the object was not being correctly identified during playback, then using the highlight tool in this situation under the TC editor would be no help in debugging the problem (given that you can't tell what link/text is being highlighted), yeah?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I took a second look and I have noticed there is nothing wrong in TruClient behavior. The highlighted object is visible (from DOM attributes perspectives) but there is another UI element with has higher z-index value (which means the other UI element hides the highlighted element).

I do not think there is anything we can/should do

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.