Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

TC IE opening new tab in replay takes a very long time

Hello,

I have a question regarding TruClient IE scripting (VUgen 12.55).

The website that I am trying to script has a logon screen on the homepage. After the credentials are entered and the login button is clicked a new window is openened in which the application is presented. When I record this in TC IE, the new window is shown as a new tab. Upon replay I noticed that It takes a very long time between the click on the login button and the display of the application in the new browser tab (40 seconds to one minute). This happens in develop script mode as well as in load mode. This is totally not realistic with how a normal IE browser behaves, the time between clicking the login button and display of the application in the new window is very short, noticably within one second.

When I replay using TC with FF, the time between clicking login button and displaying the application in the new window tab is also really short. However, using FF as the browser for test is not desirable in this case as the application is commonly used with the IE browser.

Is there an explanation why it takes so long between clicking login button and the display of the application in the new browser tab?

I am doing all this on a windows 7 system with IE11.

Hope somebody can give some guidance here.

Regards,
Peet

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

This is a rare case. I would suggest below actions to investigate it.

1. Open TruClient IE console (View > Toolbars and Docking Windows > Console - select it) to check if there is any error log.

2. Use network data capture tool (such as Fiddler, available at https://www.telerik.com/fiddler) to capture network data for same steps on real IE and TruClient IE, comparing time of HTTP Requests and Responses. If NTLM or HTTPS is used, WireShark (available at https://www.wireshark.org/) will be better, since it can capture authentication and certification related network data.

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Somehow, I can no longer reproduce this (to my frustration...). Seemed to be an issue for a while and now it's gone. Must be AUT related then I guess . I just have to wait for it to reappear (if it does) and then continue troubleshooting

Thanks for you suggestions, did not think about that TC console, seems to be usefull.

Peet

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

So I managed to reproduce the issue, it seems related to switching on or off " Display NV Insights Report"  (VUgen>Tools>Scripting tab>Display NV Insights report).

When switched off: no problem after clicking the login button the new browser tab appears within a second and immediately the application is presented in it.

When switched on: after clicking logon most of the time the object timeout expires (I even raised it from 20 to 40 seconds) or sometimes it does not expire and it the application will be shown in the second tab, which will take <40 secs but still very long.

From what I can see, that setting slows everything down significantly. This happens in load mode and in develop script mode.

It seems I can only treproduce this with IE browser.

Hmm, seems like a support issue to me, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, yes, it looks like a support issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.