Highlighted
New Member.

TE_find_text issues in loadrunner 12.55 version

Hi All,

There is an issue with TE_find_text used in RTE protocols  in the latest version of loadrunner which is 12.55.

When I extracted text in our telnet legacy screens, it is returning ASCII characters and not able to find the expected text even though it is available on the screen.

It is working fine in versions like 12.53.

Please check and fix this.

Thanks,

Neethu Prasanna

Lead Performance Analyst

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TE_find_text issues in loadrunner 12.55 version

Hi,

Can you share your settings or script so that i can reproduce it ?

Best regards,

Marcel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Hi,

Function related to extracting or matching text from screen are not working properly in RTE protocol in Loadrunner 12.55 version.

Eg:- TE_find_text, TE_get_text_line, TE_wait_text

Scenario 1:- Even though ERROR text was there on the screen, script was not able to capture properly and proceed further.

int col;
int row;
int k;
char match [100];

if(TE_find_text("ERROR", 1,1,-1,-1,&col,&row,match) == 0)
{
lr_output_message ( "Enter the loop" );
}

Scenario 2:- Even though ERROR text was there on the screen, script was not able to proceed further and also after 10 seconds there was no timeout error and scipt is geting struck.

if (TE_wait_text("ERROR", 10) == 0)
{
lr_output_message ( "Enter the loop" );
}

Scenario 3:- For printing the screen first line we tried below function even though valid text is there it is not able to retreive the data.
char Screenline[30];

TE_get_text_line( 1, 1, 20, Screenline);
lr_output_message("%s",Screenline);

In output message it is returned as below:-

Error: TE_get_text_line failed: col = 1, row = 1, width = 20, No text selected

But the same functions worked properly for us in Loadrunner 12.50 version.

Thanks,

Guru.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue.

Script recorded and edited in 12.53 and TE_wait_text not working when running the scripts in 12.55 or 12.56.

Anyone who solved this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

We are experiencing the same issue, also related with overall higher response times for all our RTE scripts. 

A workaround had worked for a fast test bur needs to be more investigated:

runtime settings -> RTE -> Delay Before Typing -> Subsequent Keys -> set 50-60 ms (instead of default 100 ms).

Please share your feedback if you have any. 

Thanks and kind regards!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Having exactly same problem. My TE_get_text_line calls return a bad argument error. Works perfectly on 12.53. Is this logged as a formal bug, makes the LR product unusable for RTE scripts. Seems to be a timing issue, if I run in debug it will sometimes work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Uninstalled 12.55, installed 12.53, all the problems go away. Also had issues with TE_connect not resolving hostname.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi

After months with support 

TE_find_text("ERROR", 1,1,-1,-1,&col,&row,match)  -> TE_find_text("ERROR", 0,0,-1,-1,&col,&row,match) 

BR

Thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: TE_find_text issues in loadrunner 12.62 version.

Hi,

Have observed the same issue in 12.62 version, can anyone tried in 12.62, if yes please help me.

Please help me to understand TE_find_text function in RTE protocol. As the same function is working in 12.53 and it's not working in 12.62 version.

Below is the Function used:

TE_find_text("User",0,0,-1,-1,&col, &row, match);

Error in output:

TE_find_text: pattern = User
TE_find_text failed: pattern = User, col1 = 0, row1 = 0, col2 = -1, row2 = -1, Timeout

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi   Ashok2       

We have fixed the issue for 12.60 but the issue was still present on Vugen 12.62. It will fixed in a futur version

R&D have provided a dll that we need to replace in Vugen/bin folder and also in Loadgenerator/bin folder.

I have attached the dll.

BR

Thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

This dll works also with 12.62 😉 and it was confirmed by R&D
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.