Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TE session using VUGen RTE Protocol against a Linux server

I recorded a TE session using VUGen RTE Protocol against a Linux server. The issue is as follows:
While running the script opens the Power Term window and will not connect. Once I press enter, the script starts running fine. Is there a way for the script to strt running without me pressing 'Enter' on the power term window. Any help is appreciated.

I have done this against the Unix Server without any Replay Issue however the above issue occuring when replaying against Linux Server, I have tried all other Display types none has solved this problem that I am facing.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TE session using VUGen RTE Protocol against a Linux server

Hello Adhnan,

The only know reason of such behaviour is that Linux server ask user for something outside of RTE channel. E.g. terminal client show dialog asking user to accept or decline server certificate. As such dialog is not terminal input, VuGen don't record such input. On relay all non-RTE interactionsare hiden, so you need to press something to invisible dialog to allow script proceed.

Solution is run standalone version of PowerTerm terminal supplied with LR and resolve all conflicts before running VuGen again and record script. E.g. answer to dialog such way to apply certificate so terminal don't ask for it again. Or extract and apply that certificate manually. Standalone PowerTerm can be started by running "rtegate -bypass" command in <LR>\bin folder. Anyway it is good practice to run standalone PowerTerm, play you future script scenario resolvilng all potential problems and only than run VuGen to record script.

Best Regards,

Demian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.