Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

TPS vs Response Times

Have to clarrify things between TPS and Response Times.

Did a load test for a service last week ., 90% response time is 2.281 sec and Avg TPS is 26.

Did the same load test today with same settings , 90% response time is 1.937 sec and Avg TPS is "45".

I know that the TPS is directly proportional with response time of the service, In the above scenario , how the TPS is much higher(45) compared to the first run(26) even though there is not much change in respone time ?

Appreciate your response . thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TPS vs Response Times

> I know that the TPS is directly proportional with response time of the service

It's inversely proportional.  So if the response time was the only factor you would get:

TPS 30.6 = 26 * 2.281 / 1.937

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

thanks for your reply dennis,  agreed thats inversley proportional . But still i am not clear on this, is there any other addional parameters should i check on why TPS was much higher ? based on your calculation do you mean to say that the second run should end up in 30TPS  instead of 45 ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

> is there any other addional parameters should I check

Sorry, I'm not that familiar.

> based on your calculation do you mean to say that the second run should end up in 30TPS instead of 45?

Yes, if response time was the only factor.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.