Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

TRUCLIENT - Set connection for browser

Hi all,

I am doing demo for my manager about using Loadrunner to test our website. Scenario is simple : make 50 VUSER submit submission concurrent, but my script fail at 20 VUSER ( only 16 are allowed to submit, 4 fail). The reason that developer gave me is because the browser connection limitation. I have researched and also asked some expert in this forum about this but it seems like there is no way to modify it so my question is

1- How can I set max connection via browser to make my script run at 20 VUSER ( I am using FF)

2- In case that TRUCLIENT can not support that, how can we do a lot test with TRUCLIENT method ( asume that I will pay a 500 VUSERS license after my demo is success?)

Please help to answer that because my manager is wating for my demo to make decision to pay for Loadrunner's license or not.

Thanks a lot for your help !

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hello, 

The concurrent conections limitation is per browser that is per vuser because every vuser opens an intance of the browser. 50 vusers will open 50 instances of the Firefox browser.

So I don't think this limitation has anything to do with the errors. It should be caused by something else.

What exactly is the error message?
Is your system strong enough to handle 50 concurrent users? TruClient, as GUI based protocol domands more resources than regular Web based scripts. 

Regards,
Hristo

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi,

First, thanks for your reply. Here is brief information about our web:

When user click "Submit" button -> system display popup saying submission is being submit to server -> after that popup is automatically closed -> Message displays on screen notify that submission is submited successfully to server

When I set 20 VUSERs at Rendevouz point than click "submit" button only 16 VUSERS has go to the end of script, 4 are stuck on popup messge and go nowhere)

Developer checked Log on said that because the limit connection of browser then only 16 VUSERS are allowed to submit ( at popup screen submission is not actually submited, system call web service to submit submission to server after popup is closed)

Any other idea about that ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi all,

Anyone can help about that ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

As Hristo indicated, in TruClient, each Vuser is running a separate browser, so it is not likely the issue is related to the browsers connection limit.

It is possible that either the load-generator or the web-server are unable to handle the load.

Can you share the details of the error message you're getting?

Edo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.