Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Temp directory not defined, using script directory to save user info

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I've run a script registered with TruClient protocol. The script is composed with an "Init section" and an "End section" that will be executed only one time; and an "Action section" that will be repeated as a loop. In the "Develop mode" the script goes well but if I execute it in "VuGen mode" there's the error

Temp directory not defined, using script directory to save user info

after some iterations. Can anybody help me? I haven't found any documentation about this problem. 

Thanks for the collaboration, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Temp directory not defined, using script directory to save user info

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

What is the verion of your LoadRunner?

Please try to modify the line NannyNeverRestart="1" in the default.cfg under the script folder then try to replay the script again.

Kindly share the result.

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Temp directory not defined, using script directory to save user info

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

What is the verion of your LoadRunner?

Please try to modify the line NannyNeverRestart="1" in the default.cfg under the script folder then try to replay the script again.

Kindly share the result.

Regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Loop script on TruClient: scenario's execution problem

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the response. 

I'm using a LoadRunner 12.02. I've modified the parameter's value to "1" as you suggested and the error, on the "VuGen log display", and the error doesn't recur. 

Thanks again for the support. 

If I can, I would ask another question about scenario: I've created a scenario, on the "Controller" tool, that includes a TruClient script composed with

1) an "Init section", executed only one time, that correspond to a login fase

2) an "Action section", executed for some minutes, as specified on the "Controller option Duration"

3) an "End section", executed only one time, that correspond to a logout fase

When I execute the script on the VuGen, the execution goes well; instead if I execute the script on the "Controller", after set a duration for the "Action section", the execution is stopped after few minutes and, at the end, the logout action goes in "Failed status". 

Can you help me to find a solution to this fact? 

Again, thanks for the support!

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

Could you please share some information as below?

- The screenshot of the setting in Controller- "Controller option Duration".

- As the test failed in Controller, did it get any error? Please share the error message.

Regards,

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the support! There's no much online on this problem! 

So, I've post two image: the first is referred to the mask of the Controller tool, where you can define the duration of the execution; the second one is referred to the "Transaction Response Time" graphic, that show you what I've explained in the question: after few minutes from the start of the test, the execution failed, though I've set the duration for the "Action section". At the end of the execution, the test ends with all transaction failed on the "End action", referred to the logout. 

Again, thanks for the collaboration! Tell me if you can't understand something. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

If the login logic is in the Init Action you need to turn off the "New User Simulation" in the Run Time Settings of the group in the Controller. That will ensure TruClient does not reset the browser context when the iteration starts.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi, 

thanks for the response: I never check the flag "Simulate new user each iteration", but the problem persists. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

This flag is checked by default. If the problem persists I suggest opening a new post.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.