Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Test data management

Hi team,

We have more than 70 Load Generator on our PC 12.63 and we are finding it difficult to manage the test data on these LG.

Many times we need to move certificate files,some data in Excel to these LG and copying these data to all LG individually is a tedious task.

I would like to know best practices for managing these data on multiple LG.How can we easily move or send these data to all LG in automated way.Please help.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Test data management

The Virtual Table server is the solution to the need to copy test data to many LGs:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/2020/help/WebHelp/Content/VTS/c_getting-started.htm?Highlight=VTS

It provides a central location that can be accessed by vuser scripts running on many LGs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

Regarding the certificate, are you talking about client side certificate? if so, you can just put the certificate file in your script folder, and call it by using api like  web_set_certificate_ex();

Regarding data in excel, using VTS server to store these kind of data will be a good practice. VTS supports import data from excel.

Thanks,

Penn

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks Zhipeng,

We have a concept of robot users for which we get certificate. Now, these certificate files just have to saved on all LG machine. So, how we distribute these files to LG . I don't want to login into all LG and copy these files. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Sranja17 ,

If I understand correctly, your certificate files are not for some specific LR scripts to run load test.

If so, I think you should create a batch job (or other scripts, or using Jenkins), to do the copy process automatically.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for your response.

Does VTS support import of attachments. The certificate which I am talking about are actually used to login and used in vugen script itself. However, we keep the certificates file son LG, and when script run, the certifciates are used by script .

But we dont want to keep these on every LG. is there any way that we just have these in some central place and then scripts just connect to that central place and read the certifcftes. Does VTS have this kind of capability?

Please help experts

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Sranja17 ,

VTS doesn't support storing physical files, it only supports storing data in data table.

Regarding the certificate, if certificate is for your LR script usage, then it would be simpler. You can just put the certificate file under your script folder directly, when the script is run on LG, it will be copied to remote LG machine automatically.

Thanks,

Penn

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.