Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Testing .NET app using LR 11 getting binary data - Need help

Our application is Client/Server win application developed using Visual Studio 2010 .NET 4.0/WCF Framework . As advised by Protocol advisor I used HTTP/HTML protocol for recording a simple Business Scenario. My recorded Script shows lot of body binary data. Generated some of the session ids/uuids parsed in the script and left the binar data as it is.During the replay I encountered the below error: Error: Error -26612: HTTP Status-Code=500(Internal Server Error).I have worked with LR Tech support team for quite some and Tech team confirmed LR11 wont be able to support .NET 4.0.

Now we have access to LR 12 Beta version I am seeing the same behaviour like the one I mentioned above. In the protocol selection page I tried to record using .NET 4.0 I am getting LoadRunner crash message.

Any suggestions or information is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Regarding .NET protocol - in any case, VuGen should not crash.

We had a few issues in the beta version of such crashes which were later on solved.

I suggest using the official LR11.50 that was recently released; if the problem still occurs, please escalate to R&D and we will address this ASAP.

Thanks,

Nir Hemed

.NET protocol owner

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You may want to try a different protocol since it captures binary Vugen cannot interpret the communication. Go with Winsock see if you can get a replay based of that.

Regards,

Mario

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

I tried recording with WinSock protocol replay script was not successful. I was getting connection aborted message.

I tried different combinations of protocols single/multiple. I was able to record using .NET protocol but there is not much calls in the recorded scenario.

I have attached my simple scenario that launch the Log in window.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Binary data can also be correlated though it can be a bit tricky to correlate it. Try using a good text comparison tool for the two recordings for your business flow. There you should be able to make the difference.

Also look out for adding explicit headers just above the transaction where it throws HTTP500.  You may look into the tree view and compare the request body and header to see the differences.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.