Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Timings for Transactions and Sub-Transactions don't match up

Hi Everyone,

So I have a TruClient Script with a 5 separate Actions. Everything runs fine from Vugen.

In Controller, I used the option "Define each action and step as a transaction". Which means that I have 5 transactions (apart from Init and End) from the Actions, and a number of others from each of the steps within the action.

I ran this scenario for just 1 vuser (for testing) and was looking at the results in Analysis. However, I found it curious that if you sum the timings for individual steps that make up an Action, it never reconciles back; the sum of timings for individual Steps is either greater or less than the timing for the complete Action. Keep in mind that I ran for only 1 vuser, so there are no Average Timings/Max/Mins distorting these figures (as they are all the same).

For example, Lets say Action_1 has 5 Steps - Step_1 through Step 5.

This is what I am seeing in my Analysis Summary:

Transaction Name                                   Minimum           Average           Maximum

Transaction_Action_1                                   50                     50                        50

Transaction_Action_1_Step_1                        15                      15                        15

Transaction_Action_1_Step_2                        10                      10                        10

Transaction_Action_1_Step_3                        20                      20                        20

Transaction_Action_1_Step_4                        15                      15                        15

Transaction_Action_1_Step_5                         5                        5                        

As you can see, the timings for Step 1 through 5 add up to 65sec, whereas the overall transaction on the Action level says 50 secs.

Can somebody help us explain what's going on? I am sure there is a simple explanation - but I can't figure this one out and it's doing my head in!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.