Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

To clear cache in LR Truclient 12.55

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to clear cache for Truclient protocol in LR 12.55.

I am not finding the option Clear cache in runtime settings or in general settings

Is it anything to do with 'Temprary internet files'

What shoudl the DNS cache timeout.

I want to clear cache every iteration 

Thanks & Regards,

Geetha

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: To clear cache in LR Truclient 12.55

Hi Geetha, 

with TruClient, the cache is cleared before script starts.  Between every steps the cache will be cleared if the option "New user simulation" is enabled on "General -> Replay" tab of Runtime Settings.

Also you can insert the function Utils.clearCache() (JavaScript function) on your script. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi lb1,

When I ran the scripts in VuGen , i received error when i selected the option "Simulate a new user for each iteration".

I have login in Init , few transactions in Action and 'Logout' in End.

I have included Utils.clearCache at the beginning of my script, before login .

But 'Simulate new user setting ' is not working in VuGen as well as in Controller.

Can you please clarify on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Geetha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

In TruClient, if you have a loop logic execution as you wrote, the "Simulate a new user for each iteration" option due a blank page on VuGen replay. You have to disable that option from Runtime Settings, both on VuGen and Controller, if you want your script goes well. 

In case of ciclic logic algorythm with TruClient, the option "Simulate a new user for each iteration" enabled can cause error on execution. If you use a list of different virtual users, as I do in this cases (so when I'm using Init, Action and End spaces), the clear cache operation should be done by default. 

Lorenzo 

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Geetha,

When using "Simulate a new user for each iteration", the browser cache is cleared before each "Run Block" (as defined in the "Run Logic" tab).

This means that between the Init and Action, the cache is cleared, so your cached login information may be lost, which could be the cause of your issue.

If you'd like each iteration to represent a separate user, I'd suggest putting the login logic for that user within the Run Block (e.g. in Action).

If that does not help, please specify exactly which error you are getting and at which phase.

Edo

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi ,

Thank you both for your replies.

I will try the second option you have suggested to move everything under action and enable 'Simulate new user each time'.

I will try this and update you whether it worked or not , i hoep it works.

Once again thank u for the inputs.

Regards,

Geetha

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.