Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Total Transaction count is lesser in COMPLETE DATA when compared with SUMMARY DATA in ANALYSIS

Hi,

I would like to know how loadrunner analysis process the result data. Total Transaction count in COMPLETE DATA is lesser than count in SUMMARY DATA of analysis.

In Summary DATA: Total Transaction count was 11,694.

In Complete DATA: Total Transaction Count is 10,987

How does loadrunner clubs the multiple transactions?

Thanks

Shankar 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Total Transaction count is lesser in COMPLETE DATA when compared with SUMMARY DATA in ANALYSIS

Hello

What I have believed to think is that the summary data is not a summary, but an estimation. How this estimation is done, I don't know, but is calculated faster than the actual amounts.

I have seen the same thing for the number of errors during a test.
br /ola
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Total Transaction count is lesser in COMPLETE DATA when compared with SUMMARY DATA in ANALYSIS

Hi,

it is not an estimation, but actual data points are aggregated. i would like to know the criteria for aggregagation.

Thanks

Shankar k V

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, that is my point:

If the Total transaction count is higer in the summary than in the compelte result, then has to be is some kind of estimation and not only aggregation. Aggregation is summing up values, and could miss some values here and there but could never be greater than the real value.

Then if the estimation is done as a sum of transactions/sec * time of smaller measure slots, which seems plausable I don't know. But maybe the used algorithm was the question in the first place.
br /ola
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.