Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Transaction names impact results-size?

Jump to solution

Hi

We have some projects which are running many scripts with many different transactions. This gives that the results/analysis-files  are becoming huge and breaks the limit for Accessdatabases. This is overcome by switching to SQLite (or SQL-server). And then Analysing also takes very long time.

Is there anyting other that can be done, other than lower the number of different transactions in each script?
Both for loweirng the datasize and the time taken for Analysis.

For example will shortening transaction names help?

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Transaction names impact results-size?

Jump to solution

Hi Ola,

I think it is more about the amount of transactions rather than the length of them.

Shorter transaction names might reduce the amount of memory allocated but I am not sure the impact will be dramatic.

We are working to improve this. Hope it will be better in the next release

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Ola,

I think it is more about the amount of transactions rather than the length of them.

Shorter transaction names might reduce the amount of memory allocated but I am not sure the impact will be dramatic.

We are working to improve this. Hope it will be better in the next release

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for confirmation!

Then I have telled the users the truth. But I hoped there could be some other unknown trick, to slightly improve the situation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

We will do our best to improve the situation.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.