Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Transaction not an error

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a transaction which is valid if it fails or passes.  The part that fails is a value not being captured for correlation.  This error only occurs when the data is executed for the very first time, every run afterwords for that particular data it is captured.  It is setup to run weather the data is there or not.  It does not cause the overall script to fail.  The transactions after the issue will perform the same no matter if the part the data is there or not, it is not depended on the correlated data. My issue is when it fails loadrunner marks the iteration being failed.  I have tried to change my Run Time Settings to Continue on Error, I have used lr_continue_on_error around the section which the error does occur, I have also changed my end transaction to LR_PASS.  All these options still mark the iteration as failed.  I am using VuGen 12.02. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Larry

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Transaction not an error

Jump to solution

Hi Larry,

actually there is 🙂  web_reg_save_param_ex has arguments which can be used for this purpose exactly.

web_reg.GIF

This is from the online function reference help located here. this is from the 12.53 online help, but it should work with 12.02 as well, as the function itself hasn't changed much.

hope this helps,

Lior

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Larry,

As it is a transaction and it fails, there's no valid way around it.

my suggestion is this: is it mandatory for your tests to measure this transaction? if not, than un-transacstion it (for lack of a better word) and add the continue on error so it wont fail the entire script.

if it is mandatory to measure it as a transaction, I would focus on getting the value correlated so it doesn't fail the script.

Sorry I can't be of much help here.

Good luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Lior,

Thanks for responding.  Even if there is no transaction where the error is happening, I still get a script replay failed message.  Is there a way to to make the script understand if the web_reg_save_param_ex finds nothing, it is still valid?

Larry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Larry,

actually there is 🙂  web_reg_save_param_ex has arguments which can be used for this purpose exactly.

web_reg.GIF

This is from the online function reference help located here. this is from the 12.53 online help, but it should work with 12.02 as well, as the function itself hasn't changed much.

hope this helps,

Lior

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Lior,

I knew there had to be a simple answer.

Larry

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.