Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Transaction "Pass" or "Fail"

Hello,

I am new to HP LoadRunner and am having an issue with my entire "action" transaction failing, due to "fail" status on a page that should not be "Failing" - its simply the first page of my app which is a static page and serves nothing but some text and a button.

This first transaction is failing, causing my whole test to have the action transaction fail.  What is the conditions for a "failure" - i.e. what is being tested that would not pass a test, when the only thing happening is a simple page request.  This seems like a fundamental concept of how the tests are run with the VuGen scripts and I don't think I fully understand what LoadRunner is considering pass or fail conditions.

Any help at all would be very helpful!  Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Transaction "Pass" or "Fail"

This is most likely caused by a response containing an HTTP code other than "success" (i.e. not 200, 201, 202 etc.)

You can make the following changes in your script's Run-time settings to avoid such failures:

1. In "Miscellaneous" section, check "continue on error" (although that will cause the script to skip over all errors, including the ones you'd like to see)

2. In "Preferences" secion, "Advanced" sub-section, check "List non-critical resource errors as warnings"

3. In "Preferences" secion, "HTTP" sub-section, check "Mark HTTP errors as warnings"

Also, look for instances of web_reg_find in your script. You may have text checks, which are looking for text, which was there during the recording, but can't be found during the replay.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Transaction "Pass" or "Fail"

Thank you VERY much that was instructive.  I will go through the app and make the suggested changes / look for the issues you mentioned.  This helps shed some light on some of the things we've been seeing in Analysis.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.