Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Transfer A Custom Output File From LoadRunner Load Generator for Linux Vuser Agent

I am using a LoadRunner Load Generator agent on a remote Linux host.  The Vuser script writes to a custom output file (.csv).  This file contains important information that I need to retain between test runs.  However, this file is removed, along with others, when the Controller disconnects from the remote Linux host.

Is there a way to ensure that this file will be left in place after the Controller is shut down?

Is there a way to have this custom log file transferred to the local Controller workstation when the other files are collated at the end of the run?

Thanks, Brian

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Transfer A Custom Output File From LoadRunner Load Generator for Linux Vuser Agent

Hello Brian,

what you can try is to send the data from the script to another path different than the temp folder, something like a share folder, so you can be sure when the controller gets disconected you still have that .csv file

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Transfer A Custom Output File From LoadRunner Load Generator for Linux Vuser Agent

Hello

I have not done this on a linux-machine, but alot on Windows. Write to a file with absolute path will make it stay.

You could also install VTS (Virtual Table Server, included in Loadrunner) and have the script write all lines to it in vuser_end. Then after the run you will be able export it from VTS to a csv-file.

Another possiblility would be to FTP or mail the file in the vuser_end, but that have the drawback of additional license usage.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

To get more answers I also would advice you to post in LoadRunner Practitioners Forum.

There are alot of experienced powerusers of LoadRunner that can help you.

The support customer forum is for more specialized questions and "internal" information and can often contain links to the Customer support articles. At least this is the way I have interpreted it.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.