Highlighted
Member..
Member..

Trapping a 404 but not passing it as an error in VuGen/Controller

Hi guys,

I wonder if you can help.

A web page returns 5 tabs.  Each tab holds a total value at the top, of all records in that tab.  If no records are returned it shows a "0" as a total.  The code has been written in such a way that if there are no records to count, it returns a "null" (not a "0") and the web page does some funky stuff to display a "0".  The problem is the web page under the covers, returns a 404 to VuGen and it records it as an error.  The script will work by adding lr_continue_on_error but I want to be able to stop it reporting the 404s for this page.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Pete.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can't stop VuGen reporting only 404 errors, you can only ignore it and continue to run the script, continue on error option. You can mark all http errors as warnings in RTS->Preferences->HTTP "Mark HTTP errors as warnings".

Best regards

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi, I am trying to make a script with 2 users and 2 passwords for each and the script run with successful but when I try to make a scenario on it, I have an error: Controller does not find the .dat file in the script (I already check and all .dat file are there). It is strange because the result of the scenario passes all 2 users but still has the error. And also if I want to see the results in the Analyst section, somehow I see the error 404. I need help or some suggestions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

@mirelaNext time do not add a post to an existing topic, just because there is a common number. Your issue is different than the question of the OP.

Your first picture shows an error about missing new line. Does the last line with data of your dat file ends with a new line (i.e. can you move the cursor below the last line with data in your dat file)?

In the controller you can see the status per user. (Out of my head: Run-tab -> Users. You can examine each user's progress (based on your logging level) by selecting the user in the grid and use right-mouse click and select the right option. In this way you can examine if both users run fine.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.