Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Trouble recording pdf forms with LR 12.02 and IE 11

Hi,

I am trying to record a Java web application using http/html protocol with Vugen 12.02 & IE 11. The business scenario is to create a user account through a series of forms which i am able to record but get stuck on the page where pdf form is to be displayed. LR just stops responding when i get to that page and so does browser. I have to either stop recording if it responds at all or forcefully close the application. I tried recording at port level and with different recording options but i am still unable to get through it. I even did a lot of tweaking to adobe reader settings but that doesn't seem to help either. Tried on a lot of other machines with same Vugen version still no help. Could anyone help me with this. I am unable to complete the recording flow due to this and oh yes i am able to open the application just fine in browser. Its just with LR that it stops responding.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Trouble recording pdf forms with LR 12.02 and IE 11

You may want to try setting compatibility mode in IE to an older IE version. Not sure if this will help, but worth a try.

Also you've mentioned that you have tried different recording options - just make sure you've tried also the proxy recording which is less intrusive than standard "hooking" recording. Available here: Recording Options > HTTP Properties > Advanced > check "Use the LoadRunner Proxy..."

Igor Markov
R&D Manager, Performance Engineering Core
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.