Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Tru-Client Object Identification issue

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am facing problem regarding the object identification in Tru-client protocol. I have a text to check but the DOM is loading first so before the text appears Tru-client is identifying the object due to DOM so response time is good everytime but not exactly when checking manually.

I have tried to add wait time but problem with that is the wait time is inside the transaction so we have to be accurate with what we are giving inside transaction.

Can anyone please help me with some logic to write to avoid such problem.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Tru-Client Object Identification issue

Jump to solution

Hi vivek5,

If I understand correctly, your previous step has a 'DOM content loaded" end-event and it is triggered before the document is ready for your next step.

If this is the case, I would suggest using the "Object Exists" end event (from version 12.53 and above) to move to the next step only after the exact object you want to interact with is available.

Alternatively, you can add a "Wait for object" step manually, to wait for said object.

BTW: "Wait" step time is counted as "Think Time" and is not part of the transaction response time (this can be disabled in version 12.55).

Edo

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi vivek5,

If I understand correctly, your previous step has a 'DOM content loaded" end-event and it is triggered before the document is ready for your next step.

If this is the case, I would suggest using the "Object Exists" end event (from version 12.53 and above) to move to the next step only after the exact object you want to interact with is available.

Alternatively, you can add a "Wait for object" step manually, to wait for said object.

BTW: "Wait" step time is counted as "Think Time" and is not part of the transaction response time (this can be disabled in version 12.55).

Edo

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hey edo,

Thanks for claryfying the doubts. I was not aware that the wait time will not be considerd in the response time . Can you tell me how to disbale the think time so that it will not affect the transaction response time?

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hey edo,

Actually i have a step where i am clicking on a tab . That tab after clicking is taking around 30 secs to go to other page and i have given the text check of an object which only appears after completion of the step i mean after 30 secs. But when i am checking manually when the script is executing what i observed is without the appearance of object also tru-client was able to highlight something ( mostly a dot was coming after highlighting) and when the entire page is loaded after 30 secs then it is higlighting the object what is expected . So what i think is this is maybe beacuse the DOM loads firsts. So basically the point is my step is passing without appearing of the actual object but with higlighting some other object. I cant put all the recomendations you mention above because it will point to something elase and same thing will happen . If i am giving wait time for 30 secs will it be counted in my transaction response time? Because i have to put wait time inside trasaction.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi vivek5,

A "Wait" step time is considered "Think Time" by default. In version 12.55 it can be changed to be counted as part of the transaction, by setting in the step arguments.

As for your latest question - it seems some placeholder exists for the object you are planning to wait for, which is why it is highlighted and also found during replay.

I'd consider adjusting the object identification method to make it a tighter fit for the actual object you'd like to verify to indicate the page is loaded (for example, locate the actual eventual object and use Descriptors to match it uniquely).

Edo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.