Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TruClient 12.5: script forgets objects after saving.

I am busy with a TruClient script (12.5). It is not extremely large nor very complex. The 'basic flow' works well, but I need to beautify it by adding some checks and parameters.

But I have a serious problem. The problem is that often (always) my script starts to "forget" some objects. For example, I added manually) a "generic object action" and I selected the object I need. However, when I save my script (in the browser and in Vugen) and then close the Vugen and reopen it again, the "generic object action" shows "click to choose an object" (and NOT the object that I choose earlier....)

I have tried this on various machines (both laptop and servers), with Windows 7, Windows 2012 and Windows 8.1 (in Virtual Box). I tried to store the scripts on a fileserver, locally and even on a ram disk. The only thing the scripts have in common is a (self made) TruClient function library and a file containing some useful javascript code.

What is going on? Am I missing some patches? All I know it is driving me crazy and I am loosing a lot of valuable time.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TruClient 12.5: script forgets objects after saving.

Hi,

Can you please let us know which browser did you use? We had some issues with TruClient Chromium when the script size got bigger. Note that TruClient script size cannot be measured by the steps you see in the sidebar (i.e. the user interface), there are additional steps and data kept in the script file which you cannot see.

If you are not using Chromium, can you please repeat the steps you are doing on a regular basis, before you save the script open the browser console (CTRL+SHIFT+J in Firefox or View menu > Toolbars and Docking Windows > Console in TruClient IE), clear the console, save the script and check if there are any errors in the console. Please share those errors here.

I suggest opening a support ticket in order to get assistant in parallel to this post.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am using Firefox 37.0.2, the one that is installed when I install Loadrunner 12.5

I do get a message in the console when I save the script:

mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create ArgsContext.js:21:3

I have no clue (yet) what this means.

I will open a support ticket.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I do not think the error in the console is related to the issue.

Try to run VuGen as administrator to see if it helps.

If you can please share the script with me and regardless open a support ticket

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.