Super Contributor..

TruClient 12.53 Chrome if exists failing if object doesn't exist

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have a for loop with the below:

Click button
if text_on_next_page exists
      quit loop

I am recoding the script fresh in 12.53 Chromium.

My issue is that script will fail (and jump to a catch error further down in the script) on the if exists step.
The error on the step is that there are too many objects recognised.
But when I stop the script and try and highlight, expecting to see all the items that it thinks it recognises so I can improve the recognition, but I get an error saying that the object is not there.
I have tried Automatic, XPath, JS, and the new Descriptors (which I believe it defaulted to), but none work.

I just tried to put in a related object, and now it is failing saying that the anchor object was not found.

That's the reason for my check! If the object is not found, I want the button on the page to be clicked to bring to the page where the object is.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TruClient 12.53 Chrome if exists failing if object doesn't exist

Jump to solution

Hi Brian,

It sounds like you have done everything you could have. Please open a support ticket and we will assist you.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Brian,

It sounds like you have done everything you could have. Please open a support ticket and we will assist you.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Will do, thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.