Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

TruClient Ajax for IE - issue with ability to capture data entered into an input type=number field.

Jump to solution

Using LR version 12.01 

Truclient recognizes the field and assigns it 

Roles: "focusable, element" 

When I try and record typing a number in the field, TruClient does not capture anything. It captures when I Click on the field, but that is it. I don't have the option in the Step section to select an Action of "Type" so I can't assign a value to this field. 

the object on the website I'm attempting to record is defined as:

<div class="inputFieldContainer">
                            <input type="number" id="DOBDay" style="width: 40px;" data-validate-functions="validateNumberRange,validateDate,validateAge" onchange="validate(this);" class="numericInput" required="required" maxlength="2" max="31" min="1" placeholder="Day" />
                        </div>

I'm not strong on the JavaScript side, is there a way using JavaScript to assign a value to the field?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: TruClient Ajax for IE - issue with ability to capture data entered into an input type=number fie

Jump to solution

Nevermind, I got it working.

was able to set the Action to Evaluate JavaScript

and used 

document.getElementById('DOBDay').value=22 ; 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: TruClient Ajax for IE - issue with ability to capture data entered into an input type=number fie

Jump to solution

Nevermind, I got it working.

was able to set the Action to Evaluate JavaScript

and used 

document.getElementById('DOBDay').value=22 ; 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.