Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

TruClient Browser "Confirm Navigation"/"Leave this Page" Dialog

Jump to solution

I am creating a TruClient script to measure performance for a particular CRM application.  In this script I need to be able to manually navigate to specific URLs.  I am accomplishing this by adding "Navigate" steps with the specific URLs. 

When attempting to navigate away from one page to the next, a "Confirm Navigation" dialog appears (see attached screenshot). The dialog states that "Your changes have not been saved ... " and it gives me two options: "Leave this page" and "Stay on this Page" .  When I try to record the interaction with this dialog, TruClient does not recognize it.  I am assuming that this is because it is a message from the browser app itself and not the Web App.

I am looking for assistance with getting around this dialog box as it appears multiple times through the script.  I have tried various methods including "Event Handlers", but without success.

TIA.

Kevin.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: TruClient Browser "Confirm Navigation"/"Leave this Page" Dialog

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

This dialog is a browser-native dialog, so it cannot be dismissed directly from TruClient steps or JavaScript code.

In recent TruClient versions (12.53 and the latest 12.55) the dialog is handled, so it does not show during replay at all.

Edo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

This dialog is a browser-native dialog, so it cannot be dismissed directly from TruClient steps or JavaScript code.

In recent TruClient versions (12.53 and the latest 12.55) the dialog is handled, so it does not show during replay at all.

Edo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Edo.

Thank you for your response.  I am running 12.53 and the dialog still appears within the TruClient replay.  I will see about downloading 12.55.

I am not sure if you know this, but if I deploy this to BPM will it automatically override/bypass the dialog during replay?

Thanks.
kevin.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

I was able to deploy my script to BPM and it is completing successfully, so BPM must just ignore that dialog as well.

Thanks.
Kevin.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.