Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

TruClient: Error Unable to launch TC IE browser

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

I would try to record a script with VuGen (LR version 12.55) from a Windows 10 workstation with Internet Explorer browser, but when I check the IE recording option and click "Develop Script" the error below appeared. 

error_TC_IE.PNG

In the workstation there are IE 11 and the register keys are properly configured. In add, I'm running as Administrator, and the same issue doesn't appear with other TC browser, Firefox or Chrome. 

Can anyone help me with this matter? How can I fixed this problem?

Thank you very much, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TruClient: Error Unable to launch TC IE browser

Jump to solution

Hi @lb1,

So far, by "Run as administrator", this issue is not reproduced in all reported cases. "Run as administrator" means right click VuGen, and click "Run as administrator" menu item, as shown in below snapshot.

Run as administratorRun as administrator

If this doesn't solve your issue, I'd suggest to submit a ticket, so we can check it in details.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @lb1, did you try launching VuGen with "Run as administrator"?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Alex, 

thanks for suggestion but I've just execute the script as administrator. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @lb1,

So far, by "Run as administrator", this issue is not reproduced in all reported cases. "Run as administrator" means right click VuGen, and click "Run as administrator" menu item, as shown in below snapshot.

Run as administratorRun as administrator

If this doesn't solve your issue, I'd suggest to submit a ticket, so we can check it in details.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Alex, thank you for your suggestion: now I can run the script with IE browser, after I've check the "Run as administrator" right button. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @lb1, great to hear it works for you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.