Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

TruClient Recording - Java script error

Hi ,

I have requirement to create a script for Document upload to amazon s3 from various systems like Guidewire and Salesforce.But the amazon SDK and the upload code they have provide is in Java script library

For Guidewire, I am able to successfully record/Create script for upload functionality using Truclient - Firefox for one application (Guidewire),

But I tried to create script using Truclient - firefox for Document upload from Salesforce. I am getting, "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete." error.   I also increased the integer value to 60 for "dom.max_script_run_time" in "about:config", still the application is showing the uploading is Inprogress and never got completed.

Can someone please help me how to resolve this to get the script creation?

Thanks in advance.

skumarasamy

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TruClient Recording - Java script error

Hi,

How long does it take ti upload this file when you do it from Firefox directly without TruClient? I would like to understand if the script timeout is caused by some sort of a collision between application code and TruClient code.

It is hard to tell how to workaround this issue without experiencing it. Is this application public by any chance?

Maybe there is a need to trigger the upload using JavaScript code instead of regular TruClient steps, but thats a long shot without understanding the issue. There might be an easier workaround as well

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks Shalomi,

If I do the document upload manually without truclient, it takes around 25 seconds to upload 500 KB document.

This application is hosted in Salesforce and the document is getting uploaded in amazon S3.

I was able to upload the document from Guidewire application to amazon s3 using truclient.

The complete upload logic is provided by amazon is in Javascript code and  had it configured for various applications like salesforce, PAS etc.

I have attached the images of doc upload from  firefox browser and Truclient recording.

Can you help me on how to fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

If I do the document upload manually without truclient, it takes around 25 seconds to upload 500 KB document.

This application is hosted in Salesforce and the document is getting uploaded in amazon S3.

I was able to upload the document from Guidewire application to amazon s3 using truclient.

The complete upload logic is provided by amazon is in Javascript code and  had it configured for various applications like salesforce, PAS etc.

I have attached the images of doc upload from  firefox browser and Truclient recording.

Can someone help me on this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Does the issue happen only during recording?

Does it reproduce also during replay or when you do it manually from TruClient browser?

If the issue happens only during recording you can simply add the step manually from the Toolbox and replay the script successfully. 

If the issue happens also during replay please clarify whether it happens also when done manually from TruClient browser. By "manually from TruClient browser" I mean when the TruClient sidebar is opened but you perform the steps on your own and not using replay.

Please clarify these points as it is important for the troubleshooting of the issue

Thanks,

Shlomi 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Shalomi,

thanks for replying.

I am getting this while recording the script in truclient protocol. But the upload is succcessfull in truclient browser without recording. though it is successful, it is muchslower when compared to manual upload in firefox.

And an interesting thing, I am able to record the script for uploading small size document (<50 KB), But if the size is more, we are getting "Javascript - Abort" error.

Please help me with resolution for this issue.

Thanks,

Sridevi.K

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sridevi,

As I have mentioned earlier, if it happens only during recording you can add the step manually from TruClient Toolbox. You do not have to record it.

If you need further help in resolving I suggest opening a support ticket. HP experts have to look at it more closely and determine how to workaround/resolve

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.