Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

TruClient/Web HTTP-HTML: how to close the navigation

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

I've to record an application that doesn't have a logoff option, so the only way to close the navigation is to exit from the browser. How can I simulate this behavior with TruClient or Web HTTP-HTML protocol? I've tryed to insert an "Exit" function from the Toolbox in TruClient but the transaction failed; in Web HTTP-HTML I've insert an web_set_socket_option("CLOSE_KEEPALIVE_CONNECTION", "1") function but I don't know if that is the correct step to close the browser. 

Can anyone help me?

Thanks, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: TruClient/Web HTTP-HTML: how to close the navigation

Jump to solution

For the script recorded with TruClient, I've insered an "Exit" function from the Toolbox, with the option chase "Iteration": with this method, in a load test scenario the session of each user ends successfully at the end of the script, without the transaction remaining suspended.

For the script recorded with Web HTTP-HTML, instead, I've insered a web_set_sockets_option("CLOSE_KEEPALIVE_CONNECTION", "1") so the single session will be closed correctly. 

In add, in the Runtime Settings I've selected "Simulate a new user for each iteration": all this options make the run well although there's no possibility to logoff from the application. 

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: TruClient/Web HTTP-HTML: how to close the navigation

Jump to solution

For the script recorded with TruClient, I've insered an "Exit" function from the Toolbox, with the option chase "Iteration": with this method, in a load test scenario the session of each user ends successfully at the end of the script, without the transaction remaining suspended.

For the script recorded with Web HTTP-HTML, instead, I've insered a web_set_sockets_option("CLOSE_KEEPALIVE_CONNECTION", "1") so the single session will be closed correctly. 

In add, in the Runtime Settings I've selected "Simulate a new user for each iteration": all this options make the run well although there's no possibility to logoff from the application. 

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.