Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

TruClient and IE and certificates

I have 2 questions:

1) My app went from http to https and i had to install a certificate on FireFox.  I did this on IE and i can access the application with no issue.  For FireFox i could only install the certificate in a non-trusted location so i had to add it as an exception.  So sometimes the app comes up and sometimes i get a message that says "your connection is not secure" and it won't load the app.  Is there a way around this where i can import the certificate to be trusted?

2) i tried to record TruClient against IE instead of using FireFox.  I got the message that said i need to be on IE 11, which i am, and that i needed to have access to 2 regedit keys.  I looked at both keys and the update key didn't have a value in it.  So i put a value in it but i still can't record in IE using TruClient.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

For question 1, go to TruClient General Settings, switch to Server Certificate tab, type the URL which needs certification in Location input box, then click Get Certificate, once the certificate is get from server, click Add Exception button. This will add server exception permanently to current TruClient script.

For question 2, try running VuGen as administrator (right click VuGen, click "Run as administrator").

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.