Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

TruClient: doubt about Average Transaction Response Time

Hi all!

I've a doubt about the Average metric on a TruClient navigation. This is an example image from a run with 1 Vuser, duration 10 minutes and a loop on "s1_02_homePage": 

lb1_0-1590155184436.png

Since the average should be 1/TPS, and in this particular case, is 0,139, 

lb1_1-1590155230884.png

I would have expected that the Average should be 7.19 seconds (1/0,139). Also the number of passed (87) does not match with the formula and the duration time. 

Can anyone explain me how Average is calculated in TruClient? Maybe this metric had a particular behavior with a loop on the navigation? 

Thank you very much,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: TruClient: doubt about Average Transaction Response Time

Hi @lb1, What do you mean with Loop. Iterations? What is the pacing?

I suggest that you set your Pacing at a fixed interval. You should be able to calculate the number of intervals per 10 min. But make sure that your pacing interval is at least 30% larger than your free-running loop time.

Also important that transaction times might (or not) include think time waste time etc. So you might enable the option RTS -> Miscellaneous -> Define each Action as Transaction to have a reference on your Iterations.

The figures you represent does not make sense to me you might elaborate in more detail about what you expect and what you see.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.