TruClient failing to replicate actions after several steps
EDIT: Loadrunner Version 12.5, error persists in all browsers.
Good morning/Afternoon I'm a LoadRunner script dev for my company and I've hit a frustrating issue that looks to be a defect within the current release model and I'd like to know if anyone has found a workaround.
ISSUE: LoadRunner's TruClient will not perform recorded actions
Steps to Replicate:
- Make a Loadrunner TruClient for a large scale webapp with over 300 Steps.
- Run test of Loadrunner.
The issue seems to be intrinsic to the LoadRunner program. It will occasionally fail to find a portion of the test where it types a "Quote number" (to use the webapp's terminology) into a text field and then does not press enter to search. Or it fails to press the "New Item" button within the webapp. However the button will react as if something pressed it (changes color) but fails to execute. If the rules are run again the button will successfully execute. This failure to launch is also unable to be replicated in repeating the process without Loadrunner, which strongly suggests this is a LR issue.
Has anyone encountered this issue and if so, how were you able to get around it? I have already tried the obvious in switching from automatic to JS, to X Path, as ID methods, and it does nothing unfortunately. So I am here to try and seek an answer. Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Which LoadRunner version and browser are you using?
Please try the following:
Add wait step before the failed click button step.
select the button as the object and input the following line as argument
I faced the same issue once before. Wait for object on several buttons, links, etc seemed to solve the issue, as mentioned by another member. But that seemed to me to be a stop gap kind of solution.
I'll amend the version to my OP. I forgot to include it initially. I'm using 12.5 at the moment, which I beleive is the current release.
I have tried Chromium, Firefox, and IE and I have attempted to put waits before the event. Nothing happens. Occasionally when it occurs I can do a workaround of click, wait, click, wait, click until it functions, but something is clearly wrong and it throws off numbers.
Does it happen with any script against any application? What happens if you record wwe.hpe.com, do you experience the same behavior?
Can you share the Vuser log file?
it sounds like there is an environment related issue or application specific issue. I suggest opening a support ticket as it is hard to determine what is the issue without looking at it
Thank you for your reply! I have opened a support ticket with HP Enterprise support and we are working on it. The HPE support department has been out for like, a day, on this, so I imagine it's quite a problem. I will come back and post my findings here to make sure that other people don't get hung up as long as I have!
Was able to find some success in disabling DEP and affiliate services, still get an issue on recording long scripts though. May be a limitation of the program...
There is a limitation with TruClient Chromium with relatively long scripts. We already delivered an hotfix to customers who encountered it.
Other than that I am not familiar with a limitation that should strop you from working. Please continue your engagement with HPE support, I am sure the issue will be resolved soon.
Updating: HPE Support has yet to find any workable solution. During the process i've found a few workarounds that may help users.
- Cooldown the processes by abnormal wait times - If this is something application specific put a wait time in then wrap a transaction around that, that transaction can later be subtracted from the whole when measuring your run.
- Clear temp files when VUgen runs slow - This will help if it's stumbling to pick up your actions very reguarly.
Example. evalXPath("//input[@type=\"text\" and starts-with(@name,\"PUT WHAT YOU WANT IT TO LOOK AT HERE"\)]");
- Use external parameters to pull code blocks from other things.
- Use TruClient's function library if you haven't already.
Hope this helps someone, like I said, if a true solution is found I'll place one here!
I am glad you found some workaround. I am curios to see the behavior myself. Please do not settle with this workaround only and keep on working with support team to find a proper solution.
Keep us updated.
TruClient R&D Manager
We are still working through this issue. There's several things that seem unique to the tru client application. Other testing solutions just don't hit this situation. I'm still confident we can find a solution and as promised, once one is reached, will be put up here.