Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

TruClient: how to disable typing time from Runtime Settings

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

I've a script recorded with TruClient and there's a step in which the user has to type some characters in a form. That's can increase response times, so can I disable the typing time from Runtime Settings from a Controller?

Thanks a lot for all suggestions, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: TruClient: how to disable typing time from Runtime Settings

Jump to solution

Thanks for suggestion, Edo. 

I have pulled out from transaction the step that contains the typing operation, so I've exclude the compute time from the web browsing. 

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I've read something about the Analysis phase, in which you can filter the think time on your results, but seems that's impossible exclude typing time from Runtime Settings with TruClient protocol. It can be reasoneable, since to have real web browsing times. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Lorenzo,

Transaction Response Time measures the time it took the user to complete a business process flow. As typing is part of the user operations, like clicking, it is measured as part of the transaction time.

You can adjust the typing interval to make typing emulation faster or slower, but be aware that providing low interval values is not recommended. You can set it for a single step in the step's Arguments section or for the entire script in Runtime Settings.

If you're not interested in emulating user typing altogether, you can consider working around it with javascript. For example:

Add an "Evaluate JS on Object" step, select the textbox in question and for JS code use something like:

object.value="Your Text";

Edo

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for suggestion, Edo. 

I have pulled out from transaction the step that contains the typing operation, so I've exclude the compute time from the web browsing. 

Lorenzo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.