Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

TruClient parameters with multi list box

Guys, I am facing a challenge in TruClient parameters,  when I have to select mutiple items from a muti list box and that has to be parameterize for each iteration.

Ex: There are 100 equipments in a multi list box with Equi001 to Equi100. If I have to select 5 of them at a time how could select each time from the parameter file?

Thanks,

John K

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: TruClient parameters with multi list box

TruClient has a "Multi Select" step exactly for this purpose.

It can be created either by recording selecting multiple values with a multi-select list or manually, by adding a "Generic Object Step" from the Toolbox, indicating the listbox object and setting the Step section Action value to "Multi Select" (this will be available for objects with the "multi_listbox" role).

Once created, you can use the step's argument section to set the values you'd want to choose. This can be specified either by value text or ordinal number.

It seems to me the simplest way to use a parameter, is to set it's value to a delimited list of values (for example: "Audi,Volvo,Opel", when using the default comma delimiter) or a delimited list of ordinals ("1,3,15") and use that parameter in the Text argument. If choosing ordinals, don't forget to set the Ordinal argument to true.

Of course, you can also construct the list from other sources or multiple parameters using custom JavaScript code.

Let me know how it goes.

Edo

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.