Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

TruClient: record a second browser page

Hi all, 

I have to record a navigation in wich, at some point of the flow, appears a second browser page in front the first window; after there's a button to be click to return in the first page. Can TruClient handle this issue? Maybe it's simple, but I've never try something like this. 

Thanks for every suggestion, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TruClient: record a second browser page

Sure, this should work. TruClient records which browser instance or tab you are on. It also detects when a new tab gets opened. Please close all tabs and browsers before you start recording, just to make sure the mechanism does not get confused. 

Highlighted

Thank you, Thomas, for the response. 

I will try to record the application and tell you if all goes well. When you have this issue (a second browser page to record), are you using Web HTTP-HTML or TruClient protocol to manage it?

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Lorenzo, 

Both should work fine. The HTTP-HTML does not care about tabs or browser pages. It is just recording the HTTP requests no matter from which tab the requests are comming. 

TruClient actually tries to mimic the behavoir of a browser without actually having a browser UI open during playback in a load test. It is like a browser without a visible user interface. This saves memory and CPU on the load generator, because the pages do not need to be rendered. It requires still more memory than the HTTP requests of HTTP-HTML script, but less than having hundreds of browsers opened on your machine at the same time which would be completely impossible. 

So TruClient scripts consume more resources, but are often simpler to handle, especially when there are lots of JavaScripts running in your application under test web pages. TruClient scripts look a bit more like a UI script with clicks on links, images, buttons etc. while HTTP-HTML scripts are a bit more technical protocol level scripts. 

Often I do not know how my application under test is actually implemented and therefore I often just try both and see which works better. 

Cheers,
-Thomas

Highlighted

Thanks again, Thomas. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.