Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

TruClient: response time between two hits

Hi all, 

can you help me to understand how can I calculate the response time between two requests? I need to know how long is the wait between completing one answer and the next, for all calls made in a massive run with Controller. Is that possible?

There is the data grid from Analysis (you can downloaded it in Excel), but there isn't this information in this file. 

Thank you for any type of help about this matter,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: TruClient: response time between two hits

Hi,

I cannot quite understand your question. What do you mean by "two hits" and "one answer and the next"? Please give me an example.

Highlighted

Hi Gencheng,

thank you for your interest. My doubt is about the end-to-end response time between two requests: after the completation of the first hit, can I see in LoadRunner how much time is spent immediately before the second request? 

Thank you!
Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted

In a nutshell, how can I measure the "delay" or the end-to-end response time of any request of a run executed with a Controller?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

I think this is where transaction comes into place. You can put a transaction around the request. That will get the end-to-end response time of that request.

0 Likes
Highlighted

You're right, Gencheng, 

but now our scope is to define the "delay" of the response between request A and the following B request, with the target to determinate the correct time-out. Is that possible with a log level check in Controller? 

Thank again for your interest,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.