Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

TruClient: times too fast

Hi, 

I've a TruClient script registered with Firefox browser. The real web browsing takes a faw seconds to load a data table, but from the Controller (and consequently from the report produced by the Analysis tool) the Average Response Time is too fast. 

I've insered many controls on the objects in the web page (column names, the table itself, some strings, ecc.) but times are always fast compared to reality. 

There's some form of caching on the TruClient protocol?

How can I obtain consistent results? 

Thanks so much for the support, 

Lorenzo. 

PS: below, an image of the report with a focus on high times. report_example.PNG 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: TruClient: times too fast

Hi Lorenzo,

TruClient is using the browser's caching mechanism, so no big differences are expected in load times.

If your transactions are ending prematurely, try to change the steps' end events.

You can also introduce additional steps to wait or verify parts of the application.

The aim should be that steps only end when the application is ready to move to the next phase.

Ideally, that would be the same trigger that would cause a real user to understand they can start their next interaction with the page (page was loaded, an object appeared, a pop-up showed up etc.).

See this help page about end-events: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/tc/en/12.55/Content/TruClient/procedures/understanding_end_events.htm

Edo

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Edo, thanks for the fast response!

I've insered many controls (Verify, Wait for Object, Wait) sorround single steps, but the results are the same: while the real web browsing is slow, the replay (in Develop Mode or from the VuGen, and from the Controller too, naturally) still too fast. 

I've to add that the script is made as a loop in the indicted steps. 

I'll try to change End Event as suggested, but my doubt is about some form of caching TruClient side. Can it be true?

Thanks again, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi lbl,

Usually response times more or less similar to how you manually navigate the application.

Try these things mentioned below:

1. You mentioned you already inserted (Verify, Wait for Object etc ) checkpoints to ensure you are on correct page. Make sure you are inserting key checkpoints for getting complete response on the page. Try running step by step in Develop Mode and check whether complete response is coming for the relevent steps or not and see the timings with this process and compare the times manually. Hope these would get the same response times on both.

2. Ensure for the step 1. gets same response time for develop mode as well manual also. When running multiple iterations, in runtime setting goto Replay->Check Simulate a new user for each iteration. When you enable this option ensure all the steps are in Action Part.

Thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.