Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Truclient 12.53 Chrome if exists

Hi All,

I have a script setup as below:

for x --> 30
if text exists then x=31
else click on Button_to_bring_to_page_with_text

This script was coded in Truclient 12.00 and the logic worked.

I converted it to the new web protocol, and running it using Chrome.
Now when I am running in develop mode the "If exists" step is failing with the error "multiple objects were found that are similar to the target object".
When I click on Highlight on the page, I get the error, that I want to see, saying that the text does not exist. It doesn't exist on this page, until I click on the netton to bring me to the next page.

In the TruClient 12.00 the if exists would not find the text, and run the else statement.

Anyone have any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Truclient 12.53 Chrome if exists

Hi,

In TruClient 12.00 we didn't support Chromium yet. Which means the script was recorded either in TruClient IE or Firefox.

Can you please record a new script with Chromium and check if the object is identified. it might be that the object description is different between different browsers and there is a need to address it differently in Chromium.

I also suggest referring to the Troubleshooting issues replaying a script across browsers section in this help page http://tchelp.saas.hpe.com/en/Latest/Content/TruClient/reference/supported_browsers_limitations.htm

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks Shlomi - I recreated all the if exists statemements , and clicking buttons in Chrome TruClient hoping that would suffice.

I will try that now.

The link you pasted is giving me a 404 error with below details.

Code: NoSuchKey

Key: en/Latest/Content/TruClient/reference/supported_browsers_limitations.htm 

RequestId: A190C32AB5CB90B1

HostId: Mp3jN+gmDKK5td08vP0Y4c9JkOc1zvf6MQLDQdcs4F9I0xrzaEECYzbxET92TwSSPa3ltOL7RxU=

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Fixed the link. Check it now please

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Shlomi,

I tried the troubleshuting link, but it is not working. Please advise

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.