Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Truclient Cancel pop up

So I have a pop up in IE and I want Truclient to select "Cancel" and it does that using a generic browser action. The probelm I have is that for some reason Truclient times out and failes that step. I've tried to change the end event but nothing seems to prevent if from timming out even though it completes the action.

Any thoughts on how I can prevent it from timming out?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Truclient Cancel pop up

Hi,

Can you please specify which version and browser are you using?

Did you try "Action Completed" as the end event?

Can you share the log file?

Can you share the script?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sure,

Truclient 12.53, IE version 11

I tried the "Action Complete" and the other end events and they all timed out.

Is there a way to use a send keys method to send "Enter"? I know theres one for object press key but the pop up is not being seen by truclient.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I am not sure what type this pop-up is from. Is that a browser confirmation box or an application window.

Maybe you need to click on this pop-up using Object Action step and not Browser Action step.. 

You can use send keys method in "Evaluate JavaScript" step. You can drag such a step from the Toolbox and run any JavaScript code from it. While it might work, I do not think this is the most elegant way for addressing your issue. I suggest tryin to add a Generic Object Action step and try to select the dialog buttons by selecting an object.

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Shlomi!

I will try obejct action first and then the Javascript step.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.