Highlighted
Visitor.

Truclient : Diffrence between Wait and wait for object

Hello,

In truclient protocol, we put wait between 2 steps. can we consider this wait as a think time?

also please elaborate on Wait for object also.

Regards,

Sneha

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Truclient : Diffrence between Wait and wait for object

Wait is comparable with lr_think_time. Wait for Object is that the execution will wait till the object that you identified is shown.  

So when you have to wait for a logon popup window, you should use Wait for Object to wait for the popup to appear.   

I normally record my script and then put Wait for Object between all steps that involve network to make my script more robust and user Wait on those places where a user is suppose to think for his/her next action. 

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Truclient : Diffrence between Wait and wait for object

Hi,

"Wait" step - it is like a Think Time. ( Do nothing x sec. )
"Wait for Object" - means wait until the Object appear
Yes, you can use step "wait" between 2 steps, in TruClient it is Think Time (by default).

Also, in recent versions 12.55, added option to select whether a Wait step is included in Think Time in transactions. For details, see Insert Wait steps.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.