Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Truclient Firefox Certificate Issues

Hi all,

I'm having issues with 3 scripts I've recorded with regard to login security certificates that arent been stored in the script. When I record and playback it works fine. But if I logoff and reboot my machine, or try and run from home the cert isnt found/recognised and script fails at that point. i've seen this int he past and the work around was to re-record the login and copy the cert-override.txt from new script to the old one. I've tried that and the cert.db file too, and even the user.js file but still not working.  Also, tried attaching the certificate to the script (cc.pfx is created), and that didnt work.

Is there any way around this? I need these scripts for testing next week and am really caught between a rock and a hard place! Even re-recording them I face same issue if I run them from home!

i'm using Vugen 12.5.

Any ideas please???

Thanks
Sean

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Truclient Firefox Certificate Issues

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to know on which extension do you have the certificate?

Please check below KB in order to verify that the certificate format is correct.

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00577115

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Starting 12.5 TruClient uses a single method for all browsers in regards to client certificate. In a nutshell, you need to have a certificate with exportable private key. It should be attached to the script. This will end up with cc.pfx file. You can read more data about it here: http://tchelp.saas.hpe.com/en/Latest/Content/TruClient/_tc_clientCertificates.htm

Since you already tried cc.pfx file I assume that either the certificate private key was not exportable or you need to overcome a server side certificate and firefox requires an exception. If it is the first issue please make sure the private key is exportable, if the second you should add an exception from TruClient General Settings dialog when Firefox browser is opened in development mode.

Good Luck,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks to you both for your reply.

@Shlomi Nissim I tried your suggestions and i actually had the 3 scripts running again yesterday. But when I tried to replay them for testing today, they went back to stopping at the same screen again, retruning the same error message "This connection is untrusted" etc.

I was getting this yerday also, but I copied in the cert_override.txt and cc.pfx and created a new login cert through my Control Panel, and imported that, but that doesnt work today.

Have you ever seen an application where you cant store the certificates for it, or that they expire or something like that??

Many thanks

Sean

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sean,

I suggest you open a support ticket.

HPE experts will assist you in overcoming this matter.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.