Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Truclient Go to next iteration not working

I have a script where I have some error checking implemented and I have an Exit Action, and I've tried Exit Iteration. I want for the script to move to the next iteration of the script but it is stopping the script. This is happening in VuGen Interactive mode and Load mode.

I have Action on error set to "Continue to the nex titeration ".

Am I missing something?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Truclient Go to next iteration not working

Hi,

How many iterations did you set in the Run Logic tab? By default there is only 1 iteration

I guess you have more than 1. The default action on error is the continue to the next iteration, you do not need to do anything to ensure that (check Run Time Settings > Other tab > General section > Action on error)

If you use an Exit step then:

- If you choose Exit Action and you have only one action the script will move to the Vuser end action and finish its' run. If you have more than one action it will move to the next action. If it is the last action before Vuser end it will move to Vuser end. So Exit action is not good in case you want to run the next iteration

> If you choose Exit Iteration and you have more than one iteration set in the Run Time Settings, the script will move  the next iteration in case the Iteration status is set to Pass. I have noticed that if the status is fail the script exits all together and does not move to the next iteration. We will discuss whether or not this behavior make sense internally and report a defect if needed.

Regards.

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Shlomi,

I've also seen this strange behavior. Yes, "strange", because when I specify "Exit iteration", I obviously expect VuGen to jump to the next iteration and not just exit the script, for that I would use the "Exit Vuser" option. Well that's my opinion.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

We have been trying to reproduce the issue today and TruClient behaved as expected this time (meaning exit iteration moved to next iteration)

If you can share a script or steps for reproduction we would appreciate it.  If you are willing to share a script send me a private message

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Sorry, I didn't get (or notice) the replies to this thread.

I reproduced it in a new script hitting google, firefox protocol. It appears to move to the next iteration if I have the Status as Pass, but not as Fail. I would like to use this in error checking so Fail is what I'd want to report on.

I have the script if helpful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Brian,

I believe you have my email address, if not send me a provate message and I will give it you.

Please share the script with me.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Has there been a resolution on this issue? I'm having this exact same issue, when I try to exit the iteration with a 'fail' status, it acts as if I have set it to exit the 'action' instead. Only if I change the status to 'pass', will it iterate again.

Please let me know.

Scott HarveCapture.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Scott,

The thread above didn't reach to a closure as far as i recall.

Would you mind sharing the script with us so we can have a look?

Can you reproduce it with a script that does not require access to an application? I would like to run it locally on our network.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.