Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Truclient IE script 12.02 is not working in 12.55

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

I have created the Truclient IE script in LR version 12.02 , since my project upgraded to Angular JS I have upgraded LR version 12.55 which support Angular JS. When I used the scripts created in LR V12.02 to LR v12.55 and try to execute it, on clicking 'Develop Script' in V 12.55 , i got the following error.

"This script was recorded with a different version of the TruClient protocol (12.0.6540.0). While it is fully supported in Load Mode, opening the script for development will convert it to the latest version. Therefore, we recommend saving a backup of the original script before opening it in Interactive Mode. Are you sure you want to open the script for development"

On clicking 'yes'

I got the following error.

"In order to edit an TruClient IE script you must have Internet Explorer 10 or 11 installed on your machine"

But IE 11 is already installed in my machine, on clicking 'Ok' to the above error, I got the following error 

"VuGen could not start TruClient browser to enable you to develop your script"

Kindly , help to resolve this issue, I want to reuse the script i have created using LR 12.02 version in LR 12.55 for TruClient IE protocol.

Thanks & Regards,

Geetha

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Truclient IE script 12.02 is not working in 12.55

Jump to solution

Hi Geetha,

Please run VuGen as administrator and try again (right click VuGen shortcut and choose "Run as administrator" option).

Regards,
Shlomi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Geetha,

Please run VuGen as administrator and try again (right click VuGen shortcut and choose "Run as administrator" option).

Regards,
Shlomi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for your solution , I tried this option yesterday and it resolved the issue.

Regards,

Geetha

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Glad to hear.

BTW: if you ensure your logged on Windows account has read access from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry key I believe you will not need to use this workaround.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for the additional information

Thanks & Regards,

Geetha

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.