Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Truclient getting 'dead object' errors

I have a number of Truclient scripts (12.60) which perform multiple iterations per login (ie every n'th iteration user logs out & back in). Forced logouts also occur when the script encounters an error. When doing this logout I am seeing the following error:

t=01819792ms: Error -205177: TypeError: can't access dead object
instanceofDate@resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:5118:11
serialize@resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:5268:10
serialize@resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:5296:19
serialize@resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:5328:16
toJson@resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:5357:15
sandboxToString@resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:5621:11
ArgsContextToString@resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:8644:24
_storeState@resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:8671:21
onUnload@resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm:8741:5
onload@http://aumelvperfpc05/BluedoorInstalls/WealthNET_AU_22.40.0000_AXA/Registry/wfrmLogout.aspx?FROMMENU=true:1:1  JsonSerializer : Failed to serialize array. [MsgId: MERR-205177]

Since I am doing multiple iters per login, the 'new user per iteration' flag is turned off, which I suspect is part of the problem. I should run the script with the flag on and one iter per login to test this theory, but simply have not got there yet.

I haven't been able to find any relevant hits for 'truclient dead object' either here or in Google so I'm either doing something very tricky, or very stupid. The error does not seem to be fatal, the vuser continues on its way, but it sure fills up the logfile.

Appreciate any insights.

Steve

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Steve, is this site using SSO by any chance?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi  shearn666,

Could you pelase let me know what browser are you using and in what action the error is appearing (click, find object, etc)?

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

No.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Tatiana, thanks for your response. I am using Firefox browser. Exactly what triggers it is a good question - I have been doing volume shakeout with minimal logging lately so it's a bit tricky to lock it down. I will do some unit testing soon with logging enabled to confirm. My suspicion is that there are two triggers:

1) click (or try to) on 'Logout' link (which may or may not be active at the time), and

2) Navigate to app landing page (at start of next iteration)

Sorry I can't be more definitive at this time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Steve,

I suggest opening a support ticket. It sounds like TruClient is trying to type text to an object that is no longer availble in the DOM . it might be an issue in Firefox itself but TruClient should proably be more "ready" to catch the exception and handle it somehow.

Worth having a closer look.

Regards,
Shlomi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.