Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

True Client IE: Fit Window and Pass Transaction

Jump to solution

Hi All!

I am having 2 issues with a IE true client script (my first one I used to record everything with http/html protocol).

I recorded one script with 2 transaction and I am able to replay it successufully with loadrunner (both transaction ok).

But as soon as I deploy it on the bpm I have following problems:

1) transacion 1 -> pass but will not be reported to BSM (manually started on BPM runs completely but says "no data arrived").

2) transaction 2 -> fail. I suppose that the fail happens because the client cannot find object on a child window (see BSM Snapshot attached, the select box on the left is hidden). Yes I tried xpath, javascript etc...

This transaction is correctly reported to BSM (instead of transaction 1). 

Hope you have any suggestions. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: True Client IE: Fit Window and Pass Transaction

Jump to solution

If the issue is indeed related to window size I suggest recording the script in 1024x768 screen resolution and testing it in BPM then.

We will match TC IE funtionality to what we provide in TC FF in one of the upcoming versions. Till then the workaround is either to run BPM as process and not as service or record in 1024x768 screen resolution on VuGen machine.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

I was able to fix the problem with the missing object scripting with firefox (here I can choose the window size, in IE was not possible), but the problem with the first transaction still persists. 

You see the workflow below. The Transaction "Arbeitskoerbe" will be simply ignored and generate no data, even if without this steps you could not reach the next transaction. 

Any help will be appreciate. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

If the issue is indeed related to window size I suggest recording the script in 1024x768 screen resolution and testing it in BPM then.

We will match TC IE funtionality to what we provide in TC FF in one of the upcoming versions. Till then the workaround is either to run BPM as process and not as service or record in 1024x768 screen resolution on VuGen machine.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Shlomi for the suggestions. I am developing it and it runs every time better (as I wrote, it is my first TC script). 

Any idea about the problem with the transaction?

First transaction ("Arbeitskoerbe", see my previous screenshot) is completely ignored (no data) while the second one ("Gerichtauswahl") sends data to BSM. I tried to rename it and move the start and end steps but no improvement so far. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please open the script usr file using a text editor (e.g. notepad) and check if the transaction appears under the

[Transactions] and [TransactionsOrder] sections of the file

For example, if my script has the following transactions in it

The script usr file , in the transactions related sections, will look as below

[TransactionsOrder]
Order="MyTrans1__*delimiter*__MyTrans2__*delimiter*__MyTrans3"
[Transactions]
"MyTrans1"=
"MyTrans2"=
"MyTrans3"=

If the transaction does not appear in the file it will not be reported in BPM

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.

The usr file was fine and exactly as you described it. So I decided to make another record of the same script and the error persisted (I simply overwrote the first ZIP). 

A brand new record (and save) solved the problem with the transactions, so I suppose there was something corrupted in the first version. 

Thanks again and kind regards!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.