Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

True Client with IE on LR 12.5 issues

Hi everyone !   I have a question on trueclient. Recently , for a js page ( after authentication) , we recorded and run the test using LR VuGen True Client 11.0 IE. Now the same page when we tried to record with VuGen 12.5 TrueClient with IE  .. it is not able to detect and record .. I can see that the it showing as non-standard mode.. can you let me know what could be the problem in this? Do 12.5 TC required any setiings to detect ? Anyone kindly help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: True Client with IE on LR 12.5 issues

Hi, Can you please clarify in which version it worked earlier? In version 11.0 TruClient didn't support IE yet. Can you please share a screenshot of the application in previous version and one in the 12.50? Does TruClient fail to record or show the page regardless of recording? Can you please open the application in regular IE browser, browse to the page, then open IE developer tools and place the focus on emulation tab. Take a screenshot and share here. Last thing, did you install Patch 3? If not, please do. Thanks, Shlomi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pls refer the attached . Have attached limited screens due to constraints.

Here is the scenario: LR 12.0- TC with IE - working  ; LR 12.5 - TC with IE - NOT working ;   I am not sure whether patch 3 is installed as  the current version is showing as 12.50.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

According to the screenshop you shared it seems like the issue is related to the fact your application is not working in Standard Mode by default. TruClient does not support applications that do not work in standard mode . I believe this is the main reason.

I am not sure how it worked in 12.00 and with which browser version. In 12.00 we didn't support IE 11. if this is the version you are using now it might explain the difference as the behavior with IE 9/10 is different

If you wish to explore that further I suggest opening a support ticket.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.