Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

TrueClient - Chromium: testing with the "warm" browser cache

Hello,

Could you please give me a hint how would I prevent clearing the browser cache between the iterations? 

I use TC Chromium, LR 12.53 and I found not really a good way to test with the warm cache. For the http script it seems to be much easier / work properly - the corresponding options are there available in the scenario Browser settings. For the TC script there is also an option concerning the Temporary Internet Files - I have set it to "never check for newer versions of the stored pages", but it does not change anything. The response times are same as with the cleared cache.

Kind Regards,

Kamil

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TrueClient - Chromium: testing with the "warm" browser cache

In Runtime Settings, Replay section, uncheck "Simulate a new user for each iteration". This makes TruClient not clear cookie and cache between iterations.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.