Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

TrueClient Single Sign On Query

My application is accessible only via IE browser and when we launch the browser then it uses windows credintial and application home page displayed so in short we are not entering username and password.

Is it possible via Loadrunner Trueclient protocol to simulate user concurrency using difference username (i.e., perfuser1, perfuser2,......perfuser500 etc) ? 

Regards

KAPIL

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TrueClient Single Sign On Query

Hi,

Which version of LoadRunner do you use? 

TruClient is configured y default to require authentication for this reason exactly --> to allow login with different Windows accounts when running multiple Vusers.

What type of authentication is being used (NTLM, Kerberos, other)? 

How TruClient IE behaves in your case on VuGen machine? and how it behaves on the Load Generator macine

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

I am using Loadrunner 12.53 community version for my POC and I think authentication method is BASIC. 

If I am launching broser then application logged in using windows login detail then how I can simulate and parameterise my trueclient script to simulate multi user concurrency??

?

Regards

Kapil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Shlomi

Can you please suggest me some thing on this please?

Regards

KAPIL

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

When you run the script do you see Windows Authentication dialog?

If so, you should add "Generic Browser Action" step form the toolbox and change the step action from Navigtation to "Dialog - Authenticate". Then you can parametrize the step arguments to use different user name and password and fetch the data from parameter.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have managed to solve this step because I am getting a windows dialog and can parameterize it but this  is only happening in our SIT environment where we are developing our script and actual performance test we are going to run in client environment and on that environment single sign  on implemented so we wouldnt get that window dialog box to enter username and password so I am assuming that my scripts will fail in that environment also not sure in that case how we can simulate multiple user concurrency???

Can you provide your suggestion on this please

Regards

KAPIL

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

To avoid failures in the customer environment you can mark the step as optional, TruClient will wait until the step timeout arrives and won't fail the step in case the dialog does not appear. You should consider reducing the timeout value to a lower one in order not to let the script waiting for too long.

Regarding multiple user concurrency, it really depends on the application. If the application allows the same user to login more than once then you are not limited and you can mimic concurrency. If the application limits it you should check Microsoft IE behavior in the customer machine and compare it to TruClient IE. If there is a difference use the same ticket you already opened to resolve this issue as well

Regards,

Shlomi 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.