Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

TrueClient - script cannot be opened in Chromium and FF anymore.

Hello,

I have kind of easy question, but cannot figure it out myself.

It happens to me quite often, that when I develop script e.g. in FF, then after some time I am not able to open it in Development mode, as the TruClient for Firefox does not come up. I read some posts that this is because of the automatic update of the FF on the machine so I siwtched off all possible updates, but still this issue is there. What sometimes helps is to delete the bin/firefox under HP and replace it with the one that I suspect is a good one. But honestly, this is a bit of struggle.

So for the current script I decided to use Chrom to avoid the issues. All worked fine, script could be developed and replayed. Then I replayed it from Vugen in non-interactive mode. It lost communication to the browser, well it happens. But since then, it cannot be opened for development in Chromium neiter. The TruClient frame comes but the wheel spins forever. It is possible to open and develop it in IE, but first it does not exactly do what I want and honestly, I would like perhaps not to understand, but fix it once for all times.

The current status is that the "Chromium" script cannot be replayed in the Vugen non-interactive mode, it does not start the steps, neither can it be opened for development.

Copying steps to another script, exporting them as function, etc. also does not work. I tried to do this as this issue seems to be on script level. When I create a new script, I can start editing it in Chromium. ... except of FF, where the TruClient editor does not pop up even for new scripts.

Sorry for a bit long description, it sounds a bit like a mess, which it is in my eyes frankly speaking. I would be thankful for any kind of help on that.

Kind Regards,

Kamil Damuc

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TrueClient - script cannot be opened in Chromium and FF anymore.

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for sharing such a detailed description.

First, please open a support ticket and we will help you sort things out.

Regarding Firefox issue, it sounds like you work with the firefox browser LoadRunner brings outside the context of TruClient on a regular basis. Otherwise I cannot explain why it keeps on breaking for you. TruClient uses a specific version of firefox since it compiles with a specific version of SDK. If the browser is being upgraded by mistake (can happen if you use it outside TruClient context) TruClient will be broken as well. If you wish to use the same copy of firefox that LoadRunner brings, copy the folder to somewhere else on your computer and use it freely from there

Regarding Chromium, that is strange. Must be investigated by support. I am sure we can address it. If you are using 12.50, please consider experimenting it also with 12.53.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: TrueClient - script cannot be opened in Chromium and FF anymore.

>> " I read some posts that this is because of the automatic update of the FF on the machine so I siwtched off all possible updates, but still this issue is there."

I've been using TC for several years and have never had this happen. I think the only way this can happen is if you run that installation FF manually, outside of LR?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.